The Maritime Museum of Camogli holds 146 models of vessels, built almost exclusively by the seafaring people of Camogli.
Among these, the model of the “Mou” ex “Firmamento”, built in oak in Lavagna in 1875 in the G. Brignole shipyard, 944 tons, 54 meters long, is of considerable importance.
The model built by its ship owner Luigi Bozzo in a warehouse in Piazza Colombo in Camogli, with the same attributes as the real brigantine pole, was set up as on the slipway; starting from the keel, then arranging the frame floors, the keelsons, the ribs, the beams and all the infinite details that make up the vessel.
It is still remembered today, over a hundred years later, that the whole district participated in the construction work directed by the old shipowner and carried out by a good shipwright.
The size of the model is remarkable: 2.58 meters long and 1.75 tall.
Also part of the collection of models are the ships in bottles, the result of a skilful and ingenious work of old boatswaines and sailors who managed, with their big fingers used for less polite works, to perform real miracles.